(Note: the following is generally for writing blogs AND picture blogs, but some of the following content might only possibly apply to writing blogs.)
When I go bloglooking, I look for these things in a blog:
- A COOL LOGO If you have a cool logo (i.e. a picture with your blog title in front of it, your blog title in a cool font, etc.), it says to me that you take time out of your busy schedule for your blog to actually look good. This says to me that you care about your blog, you care that it's the best it can be AND that you care about your viewers.
- A CLEVER TITLE If you have a clever title (i.e. not too long, spot-on with your post topics, etc.), it says to me that you want people to look at your blog title and say "Oh, that sounds awesome!", that you want people to be interested in your writing/pictures, and that you're proud of what you do.
- A CLEAN LAYOUT If you have a clean layout (i.e. all widgets in the right place, not-too-busy patterns, etc.), it says to me that you, again, take time out of your busy schedule for your blog to actually look good. You care that people will enjoy reading your blog, and that people will come back to your blog.
- A WELCOMING MESSAGE If you have a welcoming message (i.e. part of your logo (see: a cool logo), in the sidebar, etc.), it says to me that, yet again, you take time out of your busy schedule for your blog to actually look good. You want people to return to your blog, to feel welcome and invited to your blog, and for there to be no discomfort or awkwardness.
- AN EYE-CATCHING POST If you have an eye-catching post (i.e. an interesting post title, entertaining post topics, etc.), it says to me that you want people to read your blog, that you want long-time viewers, and that you like sharing your thoughts and ideas with the world.
I always give blogs a chance, and I hope you've given Awesomeology a chance.
What do you look for when bloglooking?