Thursday, October 28, 2010

Not Uggly At All

I have Uggs. I'll admit it. Some people will want to smack me for this. Some people will want to buy me a BFF necklace. During NSW a couple 'a weeks ago, I did a Links I Like post, in which the last link paragraph said, "I don't ... think that the company kills the sheep to make the boots - it's just the sheep fur!" At that point, well, in other words, I didn't believe the Ugg people (I don't know what they're called, okay?!) killed the sheep to make the boots. But now I see that I was wrong. I was only [naïvely] thinking about the inside. But then I thought of the outside...and I realized that the outside is sheepskin. Sheep (or anyone) can't live if you cut the skin off! I'm going to lie and say I almost puked when I realized this (I'm not that sensitive!), but it was pretty shocking. However, I am going to continue wearing them despite it. That's probably ridiculous. I have no reason for it, that's just me, but oh well.
Anyway, I have the exact pair shown: chocolate brown, tall and classic. If you'd like to buy a pair just like these, you can get them for women here, for men here (they only have them in chestnut for men, sorry! You can get the shorter version in chocolate, though, if you like, here.) for big kids here and for little kids here.
My friend Carmen once told me this joke:
Carmen: Why are they called Uggs?
Me: I don't know, why?
Carmen: Cuz that's what you say when you see the price!
I think that's really funny and horrifically true.
Ugg has partnered with Jimmy Choo to create an Ugg-Jimmy Choo line. There are six styles, Mandah, Kaia (charcoal zebra), Kaia (leopard), Starlit, Sora and Siobhan. The prices range from $495 to $795. I very much like the designs, but I would never, ever, ever buy a pair of boots for $495, let alone $795. Okay, I would if I was monstrously rich. But not just rich. I'd have to be monstrously rich. But I'm not and probably never will be. Goodbye, Ugg-Jimmy Choos. Goodbye. (Is anyone else seeing words such as "Jimmy Chugg" and "Uggy Choo" in their head? The possibilities are endless! Juggy Choo! Uggmy Chugg! Jimmy Chogg! Oh my god, I'm having so much fun!)
I have six best friends. To my knowledge, only two do not have Uggs. One of the two has fake Uggs, but she tells me it's not because of the style she likes the fake Uggs.
Uggs are monstrously comfortable, yet too popular to be original. Uggs look good with nine out of ten outfits (says I), but are much too expensive. Uggs are very coolifying, but also kill thousands of innocent sheep. Knowing all of this, despite the cons, I think Uggs are awesome.
I remember I was with two of my best friends, Taylor and Jordan, and all three of us were wearing Uggs. We were checking to see who was the tallest. It turned out it was me. "But that's only because you're wearing Uggs," says Taylor to me. (Taylor was the one to measure. Well, not measure, she did that hand-to-forehead thing.) Says Jordan to Taylor, "Well, we all are." We cracked up at this.
Overall... (I'm gonna try to be like I heart NY here)...
I  ♥
Uggs
This post contained a bit too many links, don't you think? And parentheses? Ha ha.
Oh, and since my spell-checker doesn't recognize Ugg or Uggs and a bunch of other words like Choo and Mandah and coolifying, this post is so cluttered with yellow highlighter that it's almost unbelievable. Gosh, Blogger, don't hate Uggs! Or Jimmy Choo!
What's your overall opinion on Uggs? Oh, and are they pretty or uggly? Ha ha. What's that? The uggly joke has already been done? You don't say...
Picture from Ugg Boots Dream.

2 comments:

  1. i talked to some sheep and they said they don't like it when people wear them on their feet, i mean can you imagine sheep wearing human skin sandals? can you? lol, bleah, disgusting :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasia: Oh my gosh, you have totally got to give me that sheep's email address! I'll have to interview him for NSW! I definitely agree about wearing the sheep on my feet, but it's just so COMFY! :-/ And I never thought of it that way...the sheep wearing human skin. That's actually quite disgusting, but horribly true at the same time. You make a good point, Kasia! Maybe I should give this Ugg thing some more thought...

    ReplyDelete

monica: omg hi
monica: what 2k u so long?
monica: we were suposd 2 meet up like an hr ago
monica: r u even here?
monica: RESPOND
monica: puhLEASE
monica: ugh! where r u?
monica: wh@ever, nvm.
monica: leave a comment tling me where u went.
Monica has left the chatroom.

did you like that post? try these:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...