Thursday, November 4, 2010

Review: Bird Lecture

I listened to a totally faaaaab lecture on birds today! It was totally AWESOME. The guy who gave the speech's name was Eric Dempsey, and you can read about him here. The lecture was very
  • Enjoyable I very much like learning about nature, and I totally love animals, and birds. So I thoroughly enjoyed the topic. :)
  • Insightful There were lots of fantastic ideas about birds!
  • Passionate Eric clearly felt very passionate about birds, which is why he delivered his speech so well.
  • Knowledgeable Oh, my god, so much information! A baby hummingbird is the size of your pinky fingernail! A condor has the longest wingspan in the world! Falcons are the fastest diving birds! Swallows have photographic memory and travel from Ireland to South Africa for migration! Swans are the heaviest flying birds! I could go on all day!
  • Interesting Eric made lots of sense, and he clearly knew what he was talking about, and he was an excellent presenter.
  • Inspiring I think I'll be making a bird on Paint this week!
Eric Dempsey, I doubt you're reading this, but if you are, thanks so much for the awesome speech; I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'd love it if you came back and talked some more about birds and nature and stuff! And you probably don't remember me, but I was the leftmost girl in the second row on the half on your left. I had the butterfly clip and kept messing with my hair, and the black boots? Ring any bells? ;)
Unrelated PS
How's my post-lengthening goal workin' out? :)
Do you like birds? Heard any good lectures lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

monica: omg hi
monica: what 2k u so long?
monica: we were suposd 2 meet up like an hr ago
monica: r u even here?
monica: RESPOND
monica: puhLEASE
monica: ugh! where r u?
monica: wh@ever, nvm.
monica: leave a comment tling me where u went.
Monica has left the chatroom.

did you like that post? try these:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...