Monday, July 11, 2011

States of Mind

Look at this picture.
Isn't that the cutest little bunny on the side of the path?
***
Now, since there is clearly no bunny in that picture, take a quiz, why don'tcha.

Q. When I told you about the bunny, what did you immediately think?
a) You thought something among the lines of "There's no bunny in that picture! Something's not right."
b) You assumed that, yes, there was a bunny on the side of the path - you must have missed it in the picture.

There are totally other possible answers to that question, I'm just sticking with two for the moment. :)

I find it amazing and fascinating that each human mind perceives a misleading, incorrect, etc. description or object as something else. It's always been a mystery to me as to how in the world that's possible - on the surface it doesn't seem like much but if you think about it, it's super complex!

Personally, my perceptions of misleading, mismatched or incorrect "things" that go with other "things" are always choice b - "I must have missed something." I think that that has to do with my perfectionism - I refuse to believe and therefore shun anything that is misleading or wrong.

Did you get a or b on the quiz? What do you think about states of mind? I'd love to hear your "thoughts!" *cracks up*

No comments:

Post a Comment

monica: omg hi
monica: what 2k u so long?
monica: we were suposd 2 meet up like an hr ago
monica: r u even here?
monica: RESPOND
monica: puhLEASE
monica: ugh! where r u?
monica: wh@ever, nvm.
monica: leave a comment tling me where u went.
Monica has left the chatroom.

did you like that post? try these:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...